1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas- just that.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ven_dredi, Dec 22, 2010.

1. After a snowy last day of term delivering "Xmas" quizzes to kids who a)have no idea who the three wise men were, b) think Christmas carols are sung by Wizzard and Slade and c) cannot tell you what Christmas is about, I present the following, as it makes my heart sing at this time of year:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbbagyVukSE&playnext=1&list=PL1C9DCFFA8FE694E4&index=15

Hope the link works.

Happy Christmas.

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

3. Thank you! Rubbish at links.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A slightly different take on Christmas, but one that's always amused me: An extract from 'Jesus My Boy' featuring Tom Conti.
    The full text of the performance can be found here - it's worth sticking with. Very original.

5. "You couldn't find a rattle?"
    Love it [​IMG]

6. Was watching an animated Nativity with a class in an open plan area of school a few years ago, when one of our resident "livelies" wandered through doing his customary strop out of the class. Wandered through my class (this was a pretty-much hourly event), stopped to see if we were doing anything interesting enough to merit his attentions (I used to pray we were being excruciatingly boring at this point), stood there for a minute and commented, "I've seen this one - he dies at the end."

7. Wandered off last night and missed most of this. Some great links!

8. Love the modern nativity. OH has just asked why I;m listening to Silent Night in German though.

9. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Not usually but did when we were on our way to Top Gear as we got fed up or the CD on repeat [​IMG]