1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas is coming.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dipsue, Aug 29, 2011.

1. I knew the Crimbo stuff would hit the shelves as soon as the 'back to school' stuff had gone.
    But the surest sign is tins of Roses, Celebrations and Quality Street, half price at £5 a tin, Tesco yesterday.
    I fell for that one last year then the week before Christmas they were, half price at £2:50. I'll chance waiting this year.
    Plus if I buy em, I eat em.

2. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

3. *stuffs fingers in ears, closes eyes and sings la la la la la la la la*

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

5. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

The surest sign that Christmas is looming is the annual complaints about things in the shops!

6. Well I don't think any of you are quite getting into the spirit.
    1, 2, 3 Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.

7. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Forget waiting until the back to school stuff is gone - Selfridges in London had their Christmas trees up the first week in August this year.

Bah humbug says I.

8. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

I bought 4 Christmas presents last week!

9. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i'm really tempted to start an e-petition about having seasonal things in shops stupidly early. *grumpy*

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I always have this great idea of buying things in advance so don't worry about last minute shopping.
    I never do. Maybe this year I will.

11. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Can we also ban hot cross buns until Easter?

12. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Why? I like hot cross buns. I don't think Jesus would mind.

13. I've just planted two pots of hyacinth bulbs ready for Christmas ... stands back and waits for abuse...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Friend of mine works for Nestle. Think they will be thinking about Easter about now I reckon.

15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Please!!! Yes, ban them until Easter!

16. Mmm... I might plant some!! I have some still in a pot from last year as well. Will they come back this year? Should I bring the pot into the house??

17. I love all the seasonal things but it does drive me mad to see things in shops months too early!! Last year I was in the Lake District for Twixtmas and on the 28th December they were putting Cadburys Creme Eggs on the shelves in Tesco!! We were gobsmacked!!!!

18. Don't think they'd like it back in the house after being outside, but I'm not naturally green fingered, so there may be someone else better qualified to answer.

I'm going to plant two more pots in a couple of weeks, so I should have flowers for about a month. Also planting indoor narcissi for November flowering - determined to have colour throughout winter.

19. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I love Christmas and I love planning for it. I need to decide what we're having for Christmas dinner - turkey, goose or rib of beef. I do love my turkey and the turkey pie that follows but we have done that for several years.

20. Mmm... they are still in a pot in the greenhouse! I suppose it wouldn't hurt to bring them in and see what happens! Just to be on the safe side I think I'll plant some more! :)