1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas gift ideas for a large support team.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by applesauced, Nov 10, 2017.

1. applesauced

applesauced New commenter

Hi all,

I currently have a mixture of 3 TAs and a (fantastic) volunteer working my class. Does anyone have any ideas for Christmas gifts to buy for my amazing support team that won't bankrupt me? I am going to be making scented candles, so can give those, but want to also give something extra.

Thank you!

2. newromantic

newromantic New commenter

How about a nice Christmas decoration? I used to buy my team a tree bauble or ornament from somewhere like Monsoon - one year I got angel people who looked like each team member and they loved them!!!! Doesn’t cost too much either.

3. emmat34

emmat34 New commenter

That is such a good idea - I just had a look on their website and they are really lovely. Thank you!

4. Pomz

Pomz Lead commenter

5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Perfect pressie!
    Or, failing that, chocolates.
    Seriously, don't think too hard about it. No-one expects the perfect, well thought out present from a colleague.

Pomz likes this.
  6. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Established commenter

Christmas dec for the tree is a great idea. Or a small but luxury item - handmade soap, little box of handmade chocs or biscuits. Last year, a TA bought me a festive lanyard (very jolly) which I shall wear again in December with my staff pass and keys, etc.

7. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Superdrug is a fantastic place to look. Sometimes you can buy makeup and accessories in the 3 for two offer. Makeup Academy branded makeup sold in Superdrug have some really high quality single eyeshadows for £1.00 each. They also sell quality eye pencils, blush, and a transparent powder all for £1.00. The quality isn't rubbish either. Primark do some good quality products for £1.00. Like eyeshadow brushes. So, say if your budget was £3.00 per person, you could get them an eyeshadow brush, compact, and eyeshadow. Even if you upped the budget to £5.00 your total spend would be £20.00. That is reasonable. If you look on Wednesdays online that is the day they do their Star Weeklies and at the moment they have a set of Christmas tree baubles that are filled with bath bubbles which were £10.00 marked down to £5.00 and they look good quality. You have to have a look to see what I mean.

You could perhaps buy four makeup products and put them in a small box you could pick up from PoundLand. Observe their hands. Do they wear nail polish? Wilkinsons do a fantastic range of gel nail polishes which are low priced. They are ones that don't require a lamp.

I would avoid chocolates since they may get many boxes of that from other sources. Wine is o.k. since that can be stored and drunk throughout the year.

As someone said, it is the thought that counts and a kind message in a Christmas card will be the finishing touch.

The scented candles is such a good idea.

You could also look into making bath bombs with Epsom salts. Epsom salts are sometimes available at Poundland.