1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas gift for children to make in Year 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jojojojo, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Im struggling to think of something my year 4 class can make to give to their parents. The ideas i've come across or thought up all seem a little babyish for my class.
    Any ideas much appreciated. Has anyone made a gift before?

2. Im struggling to think of something my year 4 class can make to give to their parents. The ideas i've come across or thought up all seem a little babyish for my class.
    Any ideas much appreciated. Has anyone made a gift before?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Obvious one is a photoframe, card with string pattern then painted with a self-portrait.
    Or some bakery- Christmas biscuits. Or a table decoration/ homemade crackers for the Christmas meal.

4. Great, many thanks for your additional, they have really helped.[​IMG]

5. My Y3s just made little boxes, which they decorated with sequins. Only took an hour or so. Now (thanks for reminding me!) I need to tie them up with ribbons and a little gift tag with a poem on it:
    This is a very special gift
    that you can never see.
    The reason it's so special is:
    it's just for you from me.
    Whenever you are lonely,
    or even feeling blue,
    you only have to hold this gift
    and know I think of you.
    You never can unwrap it,
    please leave the ribbon tied.
    Just hold the box next to your heart -
    it's filled with love inside.
    I didn't really think they'd go for it but they really did. I asked them what the best present they could wish for for Xmas would be and took a few answers (Lego, Xboxes, etc.) and said. 'Ehh, that's good but I can think of something BETTER' and made it like a riddle: Even if you had a million pounds, you could never buy it, but you can give it away for free... Even my belligerent little bunch totally bought into it after this and when I asked them who they'd give it to to ensure they were on the right lines (and to avoid any embarrassing scenes when somebody asked me to post theirs to JLS), I got some very sweet answers: 'My grandpa, cos he's lonely since my grandma died' / 'My mum cos her dad left when she was a baby and she never knew him' haha aww xx