1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas fun Bloomingdales style

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparkleghirl, Nov 12, 2015.

1. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

How far we still have to go in terms of attitudes towards women and what constitutes 'fun', 'having a good time' and 'humour'.

[​IMG]

2. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I was going to click the 'like' button but the poster is a travesty so I didn't. But I completely agree with what you have said, sparkle.

cissy3 likes this.
  3. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

Eggnog? Who drinks eggnog except your grandma?

4. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Particularly stupid move, one would have thought, given the recent revelations about Cosby.
    I suppose from their point of view, all publicity is good publicity, but that really doesn't make it right.

5. VanEyssen

Cosby drank eggnog?

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

upload_2015-11-12_10-21-56.png

WHAT THE HOLY .......????

7. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Yes, Bloomingdales probably won't suffer too much for it, but some women might.

And yet we think we have a more enlightened attitude towards gender than other cultures.

He looks like a thoroughly sleazy type, but I'm not sure that was intentional.

8. VanEyssen

Yeah all men are rapists. Some guy somwhere will be inpired by this catalog to be a rapist. Bloomingdales, the preferred store of rapists in waiting.

Bloomingdales could not have provided a better xmas gift to SJWs.

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Awful.

10. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Yeah, people are just so over-sensitive nowadays. Drugging people without their knowledge is only a harmless prank anyway. It'll make for a cool party story, like the time you drove home after 9 pints of Stella or got drunk and bottled that guy who was looking at you funny. Hilarious!

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Wow, that ad is atrocious... didn't click this thread because I thought it was about XMas shopping.

VanEyssen needs to stop trivalising this.

monicabilongame and sabrinakat like this.
  12. VanEyssen

Exactly, virtue signalling about the content of a store catalog on another continent.
    i think you are confusing me with someond else. (I don't normally drink lager).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  13. VanEyssen

The catalog content is trivial.

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

No, the catalog is poorly judged and in bad taste.

You're trivialising.

Or are you saying spiking a woman's drink is OK? Please.. do defend that.

15. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Both in bad taste IMHO....

lanokia likes this.
  16. VanEyssen

Probably. Thats it.

lanokia likes this.
  17. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Spiking anyone's drink isn't ok and putting it in an advert like this suggests it should be considered a joke, or just a bit of fun, all part of matey banter. It's pretty irresponsible IMO.

Lascarina likes this.
  18. spartacus123

spartacus123 Occasional commenter

You'd have thought someone in the ad office would have thought "Hang on a moment".

Unless they knew the response and decided that publicity is publicity is publicity.

19. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I think we can all agree Bloomingdales doesn't actually want to inspire rape. But what do you think is the intended message behind the ad?

20. VanEyssen

Its not an ad. Its a page in a store Christmas catalog. Tbere in no message. Its a caption that is a major fail.