1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Catalogues

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NaughtyRudolph, Sep 13, 2015.

1. NaughtyRudolph

NaughtyRudolph New commenter

Is anyone else fed up with receiving Christmas catalogues in September? [​IMG]

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I have already made a note of a few bits from the Lakeland catalogue which would make good presents for friends. I like to feel organised.

3. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

A friend said that she had had her first mince pie last week..........why? oh, why?

I love Halloween, though!

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

In Tesco yesterday, I meandered into the Christmas comestibles aisle and stood, mouth agape, looking at chocolate Santas and the like. It's still more than three months to Christmas!

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Same experience in my local Coop. This is the only supermarket we have and I could not believe that so much of the shop had been taking up by tins of chocolate and mince pies and such like.

6. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Before I even received an unsolicited Christmas catalogue, I saw cards in some shops-we'd just gone back to school!

I have no interest in Christmas shopping before the October half-term! Even then, it's with reluctance; the annual frenzy drives me crazy!

7. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

"No, no, no" Christmas before Christmas, in the words of the late lamented. And even then keep it to two days at most. For goodness sake!