1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Cards - Year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by impulce, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Does anyone have any nice tried and tested ideas for making christmas cards with Year 2?
    I have some of the same children I had last year so can't just repeat my idea from last year!
    I normally have triangles of different colours cut out, let them choose 3/4 and arrange as a christmas tree, then decorate with glitter glue/sequins.
    Any fairly simple and effective ideas would be great :)

2. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Hello
    We made bauble cards this year. Children draw round and cut out 3 different sized circles then decorate each from a wide choice of coloured paper, foil, card, sequins etc. (the stripy ones lookred really effective)They then chose and folded a piece of card before arranging and glueing on the baubles. Finally drew strings coming down from top of card to top of baubles with a little bow on top.
    Really simple to set up for, each one different and children enjoyed making them.
    Merry Christmas

3. Mine did some marbling with sunset/rise pale colours. We then cut out rectangles of the marbling, stuck them on the front of cards and then they did silhouttes of the nativity scene on them with black felt tip. They looked lovely.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We made stars from colours lolipop sticks and decorated with sequins and stick on jewels next year they can be hung on the tree as a decoration
    <h2>[​IMG]</h2>

5. Thanks for the ideas. In the end I ignored you all! ([​IMG])
    I printed off small photos of their faces, cut these out, and got them to stick them down and draw a body of santa/elf/angel/snowman then stick this onto card and decorate. They are all totally unique and have turned out really well! Nice, simple and effective.
    I am grateful for the ideas though, and may be pulling some of them out of the bag next year!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Soooooo clever. Wonder if I should break the habit of a lifetime and make mothers day cards with my class, just so that I can do something similar. Hmmmm

7. With year 2, yes you should!