1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas cakes

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by karma drama, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Oh my goodness - sounds amazing, lapin! Thank you so much. :) x
    Cookery folks - lapin's cakes are not only beautiful to look at, she also makes the best cake I've ever tasted (sorry mum and FIL, but it's true!).

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks Manashee, same recipe I've usewd for years, dunno why it's so good, must be my secret ingredient.
    This year even o/h says they look good!! That is something I normally get they're OK!!

3. I had a book of christmas cake ideas? I must go and look for it. i remember was 2 small round cakes on top of each other (small cake quicker to cook) and made into a red pillar box with snow on the top.
    This idea looks simple enough
    [​IMG]

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Great idea, it looks fab, however mine are done and yet to be delivered, except for Manashee's which is on it's way. I wanted to get them out of the way before I go into hospital, still no flipping date!!

5. lapin's beautiful cake arrived today and it most definitely has the 'wow!' factor.
    Almost too gorgeous to eat. I won't say any more, because I think a picture is soon to be forthcoming. :)
    Thank you so much, lapin - you are an amazing cakeologist!
    xx

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Can you post your picture on here, Manashee, it never works for me!!

7. No probs, lapin. :)
    Here is my beautiful cake, made by lapin's own fair hand:
    [​IMG]
    You can't quite see the glitter in the photo, but it makes the cake even more magical.

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

That is gorgeous!
    Well done Lapin [​IMG]

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks Henriette and thanks Manashee for the pic and liking my cake!!

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

looks stunning