1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chris Quigley Skills Document - MFL?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sparkler4, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I've been given, by my school, an electronic version of the skills based curriculum by Chris Quigley and this year we are planning our lessons using this document. It is working quite well at the moment, taking a bit more time to use 2 levels of success in the classroom, but slowly but surely I'm getting there.
    However, being the co-ordinator for French I am disappointed that there is no section in the document that refers to MFL, or if there is I'm not using my eyes very well. I wondered what other people were doing in their schools in relation to this. As we are expected to plan in this way for all our foundation subjects this year and MFL has to be done in this way too, IF it's at all possible.
    Any resources you're using would be helpful.
    And if anyone needs an electronic version of the Chris Quigley document I have that too, although I'm sure you already have :eek:)

Thanks in advance for any ways round this or ideas that can support my school and I :eek:)

My email's clairehuntington@hotmail.com

2. Anyone???

3. and up...

4. Hi, I am also mfl co-ordinator. In our school, we choose which subjects to teach through the skills route each term. History and Geography are usually the driver subjects with our "Hook In lessons" with other subjects fitting in where they do so nicely. Any subjects which are not taught through the skills approach are then taught discreetly. To date, we have included French in a roundabout way by teaching French Country Dancing as our PE dance topic.

I am struggling at the moment because I have been asked to develop an key skills assessment grid. I am planning to start with history. At the moment we assess the NC objectives but we are aware that if we are teaching via the skills route then we should also be assessing in this way. Has your school got any assessment materials. If so, I would be extremely grateful.
    I have my long and medium term plans for key skills which I used last year. You are welcome to look at them if you think they would be useful. I am a year 3 teacher.

5. I am MFL coordinator and facing a simila challenge of how to incorporate French across the KS2 curriculum. I really haven't got anywhere yet and we are not even really using a skills based curriculum effectively in my school.
    I would love an electronic copy of the Quigley skills based curriculum, and will let you know how I get on...
    My email is sophcat215@gmail.com
    Thanks ...

6. Hello

If you still have it and would be willing I would also like an electronic version of this publication. Am having trouble getting hold of it!

namaste374@gmail.com

Many thanks

Jane

7. Sorry to put a dampener on things, but you really shouldn't be sharing things that should be paid for. I'm sure you know what copyright is?
    Authors work hard for their living and expect to be paid for their skills.

Your school can buy this for £95

8. Well said, Gertie!

9. Im not sure but did think the new version of Chris Quigley had mfl in it if youve got the original then it didnt check out his site and see

10. Hi Claire have just been lookin for chris quigley on the net as one of the tutors where I have just had my PGCE interview suggested I look into him.
    I would be so grateful if you could send me the skills base curriculum as I am unable to ask school as I don't work in one lol.

Thanks in advance.

Vicky

11. Hi Claire have just been lookin for chris quigley on the net as one of the tutors where I have just had my PGCE interview suggested I look into him.
    I would be so grateful if you could send me the skills base curriculum as I am unable to ask school as I don't work in one lol.

Thanks in advance.

Vicky

12. This is commercial stuff and sharing is in breach of copyright - both sender and recipient could be in trouble legally - dont do it!

OP - buy.....pay for ....what you need or do without!!!