1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chris Quigley - skills based curriculum!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by greenie9998, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Hi all!

Does anybody use Chris Quigley skills based curriculum in their school or have any experience working with a skills based curriculum?
    I have been asked to develop some plans using the Chris Quigley stuff as a startig point, for my head. I'm having difficulty getting started. Can anybody offer and help/support or just your feelings.
    Anything really.
    Thanks
    C

2. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

We do. See my posting under 'creative curriculum'. Happy to help but your query is a bit broad, so maybe message me with specifics.

3. Oh thanks Redbag
    I'm struggling to get started really. I have been asked to have stand alone subjects such as Numeracy, RE and science but everything else needs putting into the skills curriculum. Where would you suggest i start and have you get any ideas on how it should look on paper?
    Thanks again!!

4. Hi,
    Do you have the Chris Quigley document with all the skills from levels 1-5? That's a good starting point. I have it on my computer if you'd like a copy of it. I could also attach a couple of plans that we wrote for this half term, just for you to see how the skills document are used to plan.
    Let me know if any of the above would be helpful :eek:)

5. sorry could i possible have a copy of the skills from levels 1-5 so i can do some of the planning for our skills based curriculum. many thanks

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Any chance of posting it in rsources? I'm sure many people would find it useful.

7. Hi Sparkler4,

Could you please email me a copy of Chris Quigleys skills from levels 1-5? I would appreciate any plans you have as well.

Thank you

8. Hiya - the Chris Quigley stuff IS great - we haved used it extensively to plan our skills based curriculum. Sharing plans is fine but a word of caution - don't think Chris Quigley (or the copyright people) would appreciate his book being banded about for free!! Our school bought it after we had him for an INSET day - well worth the 95 quid.

9. We were given a copy of it at school on our memory sticks on which to plan from. I didn't realise it was something that was paid for as it's an electronic version. Sorry! I just thought I'd be helping people out with something that might be proving to be difficult in their school.
    I've found the web site where it can be ordered... Sorry if I've upset or disappointed anyone as I definitely wouldn't want to do that!
    http://www.chrisquigley.co.uk/products_planning.php
    Good luck everyone and sorry again!

10. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Didn't realise it was a book.
    Am currently on supply and just trying to keep up with current initiatives.

11. Hi sparkler4 - do you want to swap plans? It would be really good to see how someone else has approached it. I can send you Y2 'People' (Ourselves and Famous People) planning if you like?
    If you are interested - leave me your mail and I will send mine to you xxx

12. Hi
    we use the jane considine skills bank. We started with the chris quigley but found that it was a little restrictive, and have been using jane's since she came and trained us on it. They go from working towards level 1 up to level 5. I have the original samples if anyone would like to see them? If I don't get them direct to you please email me for them
    monique_malone123@hotmail.com

13. could i possibly have a look please it would be interesting to see how different they are.
    my e-mail is lisa175@hotmail.co.uk
    many thanks

14. could i have a look at them please?

15. Has anyone got/used/seen the chris quigley 'themes' book-what themes are included for ks1?
    thanks

16. Hi,
    I know that this was posted some time ago but I have just come across it and would appreciate it you would send this to me

Many Thanks
    j-e-r-donnelly@hotmail.com

17. Hi, I know this message is from ages ago but just writing on the off chance that you see this!! I've just heard of the Chris Quigley assessment / skills levels at a cluster meeting and am hunting for a copy of them. Do you still have a copy that you are willing to email? I'm particlarly after the art skills progression. THANKS :)

18. I googled it and found this

http://www.chrisquigley.co.uk/pdf/planning_book.pdf

Hope it helps

19. Hi I know this is really cheeky , but may I have a copy of this too. I work in a special school (Levels 1-3) and need to overhaul the curriculum for September so that it is more skills based (and relevant). I wonder whether these materials may be suitable or easily adapted so that I have a place to start. Thanks

redhillwoodlands@yahoo.co.uk