1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CHOP!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hairremover, Nov 30, 2015.

1. hairremover

hairremover New commenter

Chop!
    Chop!
    Chop!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Hurrah, hairremover is back!

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

You may be referring to hair in your thread title, but I'm sure the thread I just replied to has disappeared. I'm annoyed because I don't normally bother typing long, sensible replies and this is precisely the reason why I don't usually bother: threads get chopped.

aspensquiver and lanokia like this.
  4. wordsworth

wordsworth Senior commenter

CHOP!!!!

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  5. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Long time no see, Hairy!
    :)

rachelpaula008 likes this.
  6. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

I am a 'cherry' replier to this thread. I like this thread, having seen it when hairremover has posted in the past.

Chop!! (Am I allowed to reply with 'chop'?) Still slightly unsure.

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Was that the one I started? If so, I asked for it to be removed. Sorry I missed your long, sensible reply, kibosh.

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yes. Can you say why you asked for the thread to be removed? I'll understand if you prefer not to. My once in a life time post of immense sensibleness has disappeared into the ether and no one even saw it.

aspensquiver likes this.
  9. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

You could always post it again. I am sorry we all missed it. I asked for it to be removed because I could see it was heading for lock down.

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

As ever I don't geddit.

11. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Yes. Back home and interested in the way that thread had developed, only to find it - and quite a number of "Likes" - gone.

Chop indeed.

*massive sigh of profound irritation*

We are treated like children.

: (

Burndenpark likes this.
  12. aspensquiver

I think there were many considered opinions on that thread.

13. aspensquiver

So no opinions allowed on Personal unless they are about curtains and kittens. (Paraphrasing but that was the gist of one "suggestion")

I am glad I reported the person who was involved in personal attacks. Such hypocrisy on her part.

14. aspensquiver

Why? It would no longer be relevant or in context.

15. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Absolutely!
    The computer I usually have at work has an old browser and I can't log in from it- but it looked like a thread that was actually worth looking for when I got home...

Clearly some one decided that its beige content was too low.

aspensquiver likes this.
  16. Burndenpark

But doesn't that make you as bad as her?

17. aspensquiver

I doubt it. I have never accused perfectly normal posters of being trolls. You cannot expect to be allowed to chuck that sort of abuse around when all other types of personal attacks are not on. In the new climate, that is.

18. Burndenpark

Thanks for reminding me what had been said. I agree it wasn't fair (or accurate), and I'll agree it was hypocritical.

I guess I'm heading for extinction given the degree of climate change. I still can't cope with the idea of silencing any opinions one disagrees with or crying to nanny every time someone calls you a nasty name.

19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Let's hear it for all the cherry repliers we have on this forum and and offer a special cheer to the Morellos, who I think we will agree, bring an a entertaining acerbic quality to be enjoyed by all.

20. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

But Aspen, surely your reporting brought the thread to the attention of the Moderators? I'm not saying you were right or wrong in doing so but just highlighting one possible reason it got pulled, and then your loss of 'likes'.