1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Choosing a PAYG mobile; advice needed please!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dusty67, Feb 18, 2011.

1. reallynearlythere

reallynearlythere New commenter

But Tesco is O2 so I don't understand :S

2. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Have a browse round recombu.com: it checks out the different deals and you can read reviews of the phones too.

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Blackberry's currently have a lot of Street Cred in East London amongst the young. It might actually help him a lot in terms of peer acceptance which at 16 he is probably just tuning in to. Girls next and trains out methinks. The new Blackberry torch is a serious contender for the role held currently by apple.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I fancied that but the reviews weren't kind. The main two at the moment seem to be the HTC Desire HD and iPhone, although both out of the OP's budget.
    I'm still backing HTC Wildfire or the Blackberry Curve. I was looking for ages whilst I waited for my phone insurance payout, must have read hundreds of reviews [​IMG]. x

5. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll look them all up and decide.

CQ, I know it seems like a lot of money to spend, but honestly he never asks for anything. He's not into clothes, has an x-box he got three years ago, a laptop from school and a camera he inherited when my dad passed on two years ago. In fact he's usually really hard to buy for as he doesn't want "stuff". Plus, when he joined his secondary in Y7, they told him and me that he had an 8% chance of getting 5 GCSE's at C or above. We found at last month that he had passed maths at C level (October exams), at that time I wanted to buy him a new camera bag he'd been looking at for when he goes train spotting as a treat. But he said he'd sooner hang on till his birthday and put the money towards a phone

By the way, he got 3 other C's last summer. So it's all focus on english this year, plus his two other options!