1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Choir?

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by magmac, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I am thinking of joining a choir. Does anyone know of one in the North West?

Thanks!

2. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Which part of the North West? I am in a choir.

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Loads of choirs round here, classic choral repertoire, Bach, Hadyn, Rutter etc , simpler repertoire for community choir, barber shop style. What sort of singing do you want. When you've decided google the specific type for your area. When you've got a contact number, get in touch with the secretary and ask about the choir and find out about any alternatives if it is too far to travel or not your sort of thing. The secretary will have loads of info about other local choirs / singing groups. Singing is a real joy whatever your level of expertise.

4. thank you for your replies.
    I am in Cheshire near Crewe.I dont want anything too serious just the fun of singing !

5. Angie-babe where is your choir??

6. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Might also be worth loooking for community choirs.
    Choral singing has been an essential part of maintaining sanity through a long working career.
    I am sure that there will be several choirs in a place the size of Crewe. Look for posters in shop windows advertising concerts. Most choirs round here (East of England) try to get bits in the local papers in the run up to concerts. Key thing is to find a choir that suits you - some do show tunes, some do complex classical stuff.
    Good luck in your hunt
    P