1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Choice of School Uniforms

Discussion in 'Staff, pupil & parent's wellbeing' started by TMLeader, Jun 10, 2020.

1. TMLeader

TMLeader New commenter

How much of a choice does a child have in school uniforms?

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I'm not sure what you're asking? How much choice they have within the uniform depends on the school (and also on what their parents are prepared to buy). Sometimes pupils are consulted when decisions are being made about changing uniforms.

3. TMLeader

TMLeader New commenter

It's great to consult with children in early learning. This way they learn how to make choices of their own Wouldn't it be great to have a debate on such topics at an early age?

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

You mean "sometimes schools pretend to consult pupils..."

5. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I remember one school I worked in making a big show of consulting the pupils. Unfortunately, the one thing the kids were quite united on was that they didn't want the colour that the adults had already chosen. In the end, they did back down - they changed the colour of the sweatshirt, but kept the chosen colour in the logo.

agathamorse likes this.