1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chocolate

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, May 14, 2011.

1. Does anyone else share my insatiable urge to consume all chocolate within reach? I'm not just a chocoholic, I seriously feel I'm addicted! And all my usual diversions are not working. Please help distract me!!! I have to be in a bikini in July and I need to shift about 5kgs

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Don't buy any. Distribute your picture to local newagents, convenience stores and supermarkets so they won't sell it to you.

;)

3. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

*newsagents

4. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Yes, dont' buy any. Don't have any in the house. Don't stop at the shops on your way home. I feel your pain. I am in the same boat. It's soup (no bread) and a low fat yog for lunch for me - but can I control myself when I get home? Not really...,

5. Echo what's already been said.

I gave it up for Lent, and by day 3, I could have killed for some! Did persevere and finish all 46 days choc free :)

I didn't buy any, exercised previously unknown willpower and OH gave up McDonald's to support me.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

The only tip I can give you is do NOT enter the Hotel Chocolat shop. It'll ruin you! I swear my friend bought her own bodyweight in chocolate there on Thursday.
    She did have a good excuse - she lives in Canada and she was stocking up... [​IMG]

7. Replace the chocolate with doughnuts. Easy-peasy.

8. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I adore chocolate, especially milk choc (pleb that I am!)
    This thread reminds me that I'll have to replace eldest tartette's leftover cadbury creme eggs before she notices they're gone! [​IMG]

9. I hate to say this, but you might not be able to buy creme eggs now. Can you buy them during the rest of the year?

10. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I think that's the case with normal easter eggs, but I'm sure I've seen creme eggs in Scotmid! But yes, I ought to get a move on!

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I'm a chocoholic, as long as chocolate is in the box/wrapper, I'm fine, but the minute it's open, I have to eat the lot!

12. Just be smart about your chocolate choices, for example a Fudge bar is only marginally more calories than a banana and only takes around 30 minutes of walking to work off!

You can lose weight and eat chocolate, I eat chocolate most days and have lost 4 stone over 2 years!

13. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

I love chocolate - and in particular I like a Fudge bar or a Freddo - I used to have a Freddo most days. However, I've got gestational diabetes and haven't been able to eat chocolate for the past 10 weeks. (Exception to this is a mini-Twix finger which, for some bizarre reason helps my blood sugar levels - but that's not proper chocolate!)
    I currently have an easter egg, a Thorntons little red devil and two small chocolate eggs sitting on the shelf in the kitchen awaiting the birth of baby Para, so that finally I can have some proper, solid chocolate!!!

14. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

You really don't want to know about the special offers on Guylian on Amazon at the moment do you?

Sorry!

15. [​IMG] I love guylian and had to go onto amazon to look at the deal. Why why why? I won't buy any but they are now on my mind...mmmm so delicious.
    I love chocolate but not that horrible real stuff (dark) and white is my most favourite, white lindor balls are to die for.

16. I don't think any of the posts have been very helpful so far.
    This is a serious issue and requires real support.
    PM for my address, then send all your chocolate to meeeeeeeeeeee.
    Problem solved.[​IMG]