1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chocolate Wine

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sel_chick, Mar 30, 2012.

1. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I had some once, it was OK poured over ice cream or a pudding but vile to drink.

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I am a self-confessed chocolate worshipper. I wasn't a huge fan of the chocolate wine though - it was very sweet. I think, for me, the wine part ruined it!

I'm surprised that matey from John Lewis said chocolate and red wine is a classic pairing. I've always known it as one to avoid, as the tannins in the wine can ruin the flavour of the chocolate.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Not sure I like the sound of chocolate wine, I'm not sure how the sweetness and sharpness will work. Lapin found a red wine chocolate cake recipe which she posted on cookery. I want to try that.
    I was tempted by some chocolate tea in the supermarket yesterday but I resisted.

4. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

My long-lost twin!

5. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Sounds horrid.
    Now chocolate stout on the other hand... [​IMG]

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Chocolate is good
    No, chocolate is great, amazing, wonderful, evidence of a munificent God
    I have never had a problem simply eating it.
    I do not, therefore, understand the obsession in sticking it into a vast array of different comestibles.

7. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

[​IMG]

8. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Had a bottle a couple of years ago as a present - it sounds really sickly but it was in fact very drinkable. Not chocolate with red wine, more like red wine with a hint of chocolate.

9. There's still more than half a bottle of it left for tonight (leftover wine is unheard of in this house - especially at the end of term!), so I may have to try and finish it and then stick to having the wine and chocolate seperately.
    Chocolate stout I've had before and quite liked.
    Chocolate tea? Hmmm...something to try perhaps!

10. Wrong,wrong,wrong. I love both but together? Wrong. though I might say the same for chili-chocolate and I don't. Oh no. talking bo-llocks again.

11. Chocolate stout is lovely.
    Chilli chocolate was donated to OH who pronounced it delicious.
    Chocolate wine? The idea makes me feel ill. What kind of fool invented that?

12. I have had it before and thought it was quite lovely! But thenthere was a big group of us and half liked it and the other half hated it!