1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chocolate Philly Cheese

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sel_chick, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I have a shopping trip to Morrisons booked for tomorrow....
    So that's Chocolate Philly and Ginger Biscuits to add to the list!

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I bought the last pack on the shelf earlier. I thought someone said they were £1. Not in my Sainsbugs they weren't-£1.57! Still, got to give it a try!

3. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

I have just told my 11 yr old daughter about this, and she stopped playing her DS and salivated, just like one of Pavlov's dogs!

4. I apologise Dragonlady - it was me that said it was £1. In my ignorance I thought it was brand special offer to try and sell the stuff. As it turns out, it's Asda that has it on for £1. The m-i-l was mighty miffed to spend £1.69 (I think) for it in Tesco after my recommendation!
    One tub down...one to go :) had it on toast for breakfast this morning...yum!

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Hey, no apologies needed! [​IMG]
    I've had some on my return from school, spread on digestives. Divine!!!! I'm not a fan of ginger biscuits.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

It tastes rather good on Giongernuts!
    I may have to book a second supermarket trip soon!

7. I'm following the slimming world diet plan and it tastes pretty good on a ryvita with a sliced banana on top! Guess it would taste better on a biscuit tho!

8. I am sooooooo pleased to be able to say that the cheese/chocolate combination holds no attraction for me whatsoever! Yay! [​IMG] (It makes trying to lose weight SO much easier when some foods just don't tempt!)
    It sounds horrible...but I have never been a lover of chocolate cakes and puddings (Chocolate cheesecake sounds revolting to me...and I am <u>so</u> glad!) I think cream cheese is OK but I tend to buy the tasteless light stuff because I need to lose weight. If it suddenly vanished from the market I wouldn't shed any tears. It's pretty awful pap...but good for mixing with pasta or making a dry oatcake a bit more palatable.

9. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I went to Sainsbury's today to look for the stuff but they were sold out. When I asked the man when they'd next get it in (the shame!), he consulted his wee handheld machine thingie and said tomorrow or Wednesday. He added that it looked like a particularly big delivery of the stuff, so it was probably going straight into special offer (he guessed &pound;1 or 2 for &pound;2).
    So I'll have a look on Wednesday to see if his prediction is correct.
    Sad AND greedy. What a hopeless combination I am!!

10. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

[​IMG]Following my threadkiller post above, I can confirm that Sainsbury's man was spot on. They have it at half price, 78p a tub :eek:)
    I've just devoured a whole tub of it with 5 hobnobs *blush*. Just gorgeous and much better than Nutella, as it doesn't stick to the roof of your mouth.
    Was rather hoping that I wouldn't like it as I'm trying to lose weight, and don't like cheese, but no such luck!

11. Chuckles.....I like your thinking tarte....[​IMG]

Given I need to lose weight too, I am so lucky that it doesn't appeal.
    However, I cooked a chicken last night.. (chicken's fairly healthy, right?) yet I just HAD to peel off all the hot, crispy chicken skin...and eat the lot. Unable to resist the best bit.....it was orgasmically good. Heavenly....and sod the calories. (It's a bit like Delia telling us to freeze left-over wine, silly woman...)

12. I looked for some in Tesco a couple of days ago and they didn't have any! Is this discrimination? I can see my like another poster getting the old teaspoon out...but how many calories? I only have light Philly and not often as it always seems to go mouldy before we finish the packet.