1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chocolate Philly Cheese

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sel_chick, Mar 3, 2012.

1. I've known about this for a few weeks, but I have just discovered it in my local supermarket!
    Oh. My. God.
    You don't need to eat it on anything (although I imagine digestives would be quite good)
    I'd have finished the entire tub if my o/h hadn't taken the spoon from me.
    Fabulous!
    And only £1!

2. That is gross!

isn't it?

3. Not at all!
    It's just like eating a chocolate cheescake without the base (hence my idea of spreading it on digestive biscuits!)

4. I have a real problem with the shortening 'Philly' (for the cheese). Also with 'mash' (for mashed potatoes) I don't even know why, really...

5. Neat idea - little instant baby cheesecakes!

6. I'm sorry CK.
    Chocolate Philidelphia Cheese is gorgeous.
    Mash instead of mashed potato is wrong though!

I'm really wishing I'd bought digestives now!!

7. No need! I was really thinking of the old Philidelphia ads.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Oooooo,

*adds to shopping list, purely for experimentation*

9. Is it sickly?

10. Probably - I think I'd have eaten the whole tub out of greed and then regretted it.
    I suppose it really depends on how you feel about chocolate cheesecake normally - I'm not normally fussed - I'd rather have a vanilla one, but I do think this stuff is nice. Perhaps its the novelty aspect?
    As a wee treat, or perhaps dessert...on a digestive biscuit (or two!) with a cup of tea...mmmmmm!!

11. Lack of forward planning is the downfall of many a good idea, sel_chick!
    Bet it would be great on ginger nuts.

12. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

I like chocolate and cheese but not together - not keen on choc cheesecakes/yogurts etc.

But I might give it a try!

13. Oh! It doesn't sound gross at all now!

But.......

14. I've just had a dairylea triangle spread on a bounty bar and it was lush.

15. That made me chuckle.......ta
    I wouldn't fancy it - the choc philly - on my jacket potatoe.

16. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I have some of this in the fridge as it's highly rated on the weight watchers boards... I had it melted with strawberries which was very nice actually but once i'd finished the strawberries, I stuck my finger in the pot and had a taste of it on it's own and have to say, it's not actually that great, has a bit of a bitter taste to it, guess the strawberries disguised that lol.

17. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I mix a bit of sugar and vanilla with extra light philly and use it on crackers for a 'fake chessecake' dessert. Guess its pretty similar... (but chocolate!)? x

18. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I like the bitterness. I've got some of the mini pots that come in packs of four. Following on from the digestive, ginger nut theme I was thinking today that it would be lovely spread on a Hobnob!!

19. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

They were handing out testers of it on digestives in Tesco, then selling the tubs at 2 for 1. It really is rather yummy and as everyone says, like chocolate cheescake topping :0)

20. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

The very existence of this substance should have been kept totally secret from me. I know in my heart, before I've even seen it or tasted it, that this will be my new Bad Food Habit and that by the end of the week there will be a tub of it in my desk drawer alongside the Emergency Digestives which are already there.