1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chocolate or ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dande, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

I'm a convert to dairylea spread with everything. OK, so its not cheese, but me and the 12 yr old boy love it. Its a seriously guilty pleasure: cheese only really like butter. Mmmmm. My mum does a Courgette and Dairylea soup. I was well brought up!

2. dande

dande New commenter

Wow... you are a genius

3. dande

dande New commenter

I have to say, I struggle with that concept

4. Little one will never know about the Quavers ifyou don't tell her/him. i remember buying stuff for my kiddiwinks when they were small and eating it before they knew it was in the house. What a wicked mother. Although I am sharing wine with son now so does that get me off?

5. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

I struggled, and it was more than a concept to me. For mum, that was haute cuisine. Still one of her fave's.

6. Now we are talking cream cheese! Laughing cow and french bread - we really knew how to go native on holidays in France.

7. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

"Sniggers" What did the French make of Laughing Cow?

8. dande

dande New commenter

Depends how old your son is? Under 10 then it is wrong... besides did they not use to give babies whisky?

9. dande

dande New commenter

They probably refused to even try it!

10. He is 21 so that's okay, although it does feel feel weird sharing my alcohol with offspring and listening to Pink Floyd too.

11. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

My very elderly grandad gave my teething son Glenmorangie (finger wiped around his gums). My utterly ancient grandmother fed me coal for colic. Same idea. Perhaps that's where the French get their taste buds, and I get mine?

12. dande

dande New commenter

Could be worse, he could be giving you a bottle of WKD and asking you to listed to ***

13. dande

dande New commenter

A good bloke!

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Er... if you say so. [​IMG]

15. When I was a child my gran used to go to the off sales at the pub and get 2 pints of mild (in her own bottles) and bring them home. Well from the age of about 18 months I had a my very own teeny glass tankard that she used to fill with mild and give to me!!!! Was a Saturday night ritual. Although in the summer we would go to the pub and sit in the garden when i would have a vimto (in a bottle) and a packet of plain crisps.

16. From a young age my gran gave me a tot of Sanatogen Wine, which was good for my health, a toddy(whisky and hot water), when I had a cold and a weak port and lemon to see in the New Year.(she was Scottish) It probably explains why I am enjoying the wine and gin and tonics tonight.
    The French called their cream cheese 'La Vache Qui Rie' or some such name so we knew we were definitely eating the real taste of France.

17. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

Could do with a tot of that right now - sounds wonderful.

Re: Laughing Cow cheese. I had no idea such packaged, plasticky, gungy goodness came from France! Truly I am being educated today. Sadly, my estimation of French cheese has plummeted!

18. I think I shall put some on next Friday's shopping list so that I can let you know how it goes with wine when this forum becomes 'Live' once again.

19. I had a slice of oaty nutty bread with olive oil spread and marmite with my glass of vino, delish.

What was the fate of the Quavers?

20. Courgette and dairylea soup is lush.