1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Chocolate' - My Sweet Tooth year 3 Creative curriculum topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by this_is_shaz, May 18, 2011.

1. Hi All,

im thinking of drawing links for my chocolate based creative curriculum theme next half term.
    Im planning to link:
    Science - teeth and healthy eating
    literacy - charlie and the chocolate factory
    history - history of chocolate
    geography - where do the ingredients of chocolate come from
    DT - making and selling chocolate

Does anyone have ideas or links to suitable planning, displays, resources.....?

Please could you forward to s_khan00@hotmail.com

Thankyou

2. Hi All,

im thinking of drawing links for my chocolate based creative curriculum theme next half term.
    Im planning to link:
    Science - teeth and healthy eating
    literacy - charlie and the chocolate factory
    history - history of chocolate
    geography - where do the ingredients of chocolate come from
    DT - making and selling chocolate

Does anyone have ideas or links to suitable planning, displays, resources.....?

Please could you forward to s_khan00@hotmail.com

Thankyou

3. Did you find anything for this??

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Fair trade issues.

6. Maths - chocolate tasting and recording preferences, then use for data handling
    Literacy - writing letter to a chocolate factory to persuade them that they should be employed as chocolate tasters
    ICT - designing packaging for new chocolate bar
    There are some good films on You Tube if you search for 'how chocolate is made'.

7. Hi,
    Im a secondary school sen teacher and really like this idea for some of my weak pupils. I am intending to try to teach them more cross-curricular topics so this is an excellent topic.
    If I make any resources for this, I will definitly share them with you.
    Thank you for the idea (sorry for stealing it)
    Greg

8. I am currently completing this topic with my Year 3 class. We have ***** Wonka's chocolate river for our learning journey wall. Each week we put up a piece of work to show how their learning has progressed.
    I know this is a late response, but I thought others may appreciate the idea.

9. pjhewett

pjhewett New commenter

We'll be using chocolate as our science topic in Y4 (solids and liquids) and also in Maths - seeing how much a choc easter egg costs and then melting it to see how much it is per gram compared to 'normal' chocolate.

I reckon you can pretty much do the whole curriculum via chocolate - although as we are in WW2 for the real topic then I shall have to focus on rationing!!