1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Choccie eggs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by hazeymazey, Apr 9, 2012.

1. hazeymazey

hazeymazey New commenter

Love chocolate but why do people buy sooooooooooooo much at Easter. We now have a houseful of chocolate eggs, treats, chicks - you name it. Now given that our children are almost 3 and 15 months old, they don't eat much of it. A choc button or two as a treat (bah humbug). What the hell can I do with it all? We'll be nibbling it till bloody Christmas. Ideas anyone (or drop off point if anyone wants some???)
    hazey x

2. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

Send it my way!! [​IMG]
    Me and the OH decided not to buy expensive eggs for each other for easter as I object to paying £15 odd pound for a bit of chocolate.
    So we said we'd get one when they were reduced down today. Not one single supermarket round here has any eggs left. Gutted! None for us!

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I'll have them, just plain greedy that's me!!

4. Give them to your local food bank.

5. hazeymazey

hazeymazey New commenter

might just do that. Just google my local food bank?

6. I didn't get any! But I've noticed I've put on quite a bit of weight with all this sitting around so probably all for the best! Mum did make a spectacular Simnel cake. I love marzipan!

7. Any local charities that would distribute them to children's centres/hospices??

8. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I've noticed this in the last year or two - they seem to clear the shelves before the end of the bank holiday whereas a few years ago you could get some bargains the few days after Easter.

I noticed my Tesco store were clearing their seasonal shelf of eggs on Saturday.

I wonder what they do with them?

9. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Send them to me!

I do agree with you, especially given the age of the children. My OH is from a large family, so my kids get LOADS of eggs. Luckily, I have FINALLY persuaded all the aunts and uncles to at least give small egg each, rather than the large ones they used to give. My youngest nephew is 9 months old, so I bought him a Tshirt rather than an egg. I guess you could phone the local Salvation Army and see if they are aware of any local families that would appreciate the eggs?

10. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I didn't get any eggs.....but I did get a DVD of Godspell and a bar of Green & Blacks so I'm not going to cry too much!

If I fancy a cheap Easter Egg I suspect the 7-11 across the road will have them...they are still selling Christmas choccie novelties and the drinks chiller still has a snowman decorating the side! (It won't be that long before all the shops are getting their Christmas stuff out!...Easter's over, so it'll be 'Back To School' - before the summer holidays have started...a brief foray into Halloween ...and hey it's Christmas in the shops!)

11. I got only one Easter egg this year...but my
    Mum has been feeding me so much food that I've not been able to eat it yet! Disappointing....

12. My 3 year old grandson has 24 Eater Eggs,a mixture of creme, caramel and hollow eggs totalling 35. 2 bags of mimi eggs a bag of chocolate chicks, and three bars of cars chocolate. He still has sweets and chocolate from Christmas as he really doesn't eat much of it. He actually prefers fruit.
    I'm grateful to the friends who bought him books and a fluuffy chick instead of chocolate.
    Dillema, how do I stop this happening every Birthday, Christmas and Easter. I would hate to offend anyone and he loves recieving them. His little face yesterday morning when he got up and Easter Bunny had been was magical. But he just plays with them.
    Plus all this chocolate is not good for me.
    Oh I forgot a huge white chocolate bunny. and a chocolate bunny lollipop.

13. hazeymazey

hazeymazey New commenter

Yup, those i can't give away i'll make into brownies or something and put in freezer. Hdn't thought of that.