1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chn joining Y6 this time of year -

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ShyTea, Apr 20, 2012.

1. A few years ago I was told that any child joining Y6 late (Beginning of April/May) were not counted in the SATs %. I have no idea if it was true even back in the day.

Is there a cut of date at all? Or could a child start Friday before SATs week and still be counted in the results.

Any ideas - many thanks

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

If a child starts at a new school before the summer half-term holiday, the new
    school must report the child’s results to the local authority.

• If a child starts at a new school during the second half of the summer term, the
    previous school must report the child’s results to the local authority. This includes
    children who transfer to a new school during the half-term holiday.

http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/k/assessment%20and%20reporting%20arrangements%20key%20stage%202.pdf

3. Thanks - presumably the summer half term they are talking about refers to the holiday in May/June - so after SATs anyway? So if a child turns up in Y6 between now and SATs then that school will have them on their data(?)

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

yes we had 1 last year

5. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

This isn't as technical as the answers above.
    However, if you want to report things accurately, you might like to note the fact that children in Y6 do not now do SATs and never have at any time in the past.

6. Yes yes I know NC tests! however, SATs is commonly used and I think people will understand what I mean.