1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Chinese Work Visa New Rules

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by joerothuk, Jul 10, 2017.

  1. joerothuk

    joerothuk New commenter

    Has anyone applied for a new Chinese work visa with these new regulations from within the UK? I cannot believe how many steps there are. My old visa has expired so I have to start the process afresh.

    The legalising process listed on the ever-out-of-date Chinese Embassy website is tedious and worryingly expensive (http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/lsfw/legalization/t1021900.htm).

    I calculate:
    1) £50 per document for notary signature
    2) £30 per document for the FCO online legalisation (https://www.get-document-legalised.service.gov.uk/select-service)
    3) £15 per document for the final Chinese Embassy legalisation. (http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/lsfw/legalization/t1021882.htm)

    I have been told that I need to do this for my degree and the background check, so approximately £200 in total to get two documents legalised.

    Would anyone recommend using one of these websites claiming to be able to complete the process for set fees ( e.g: http://www.chinesevisadirect.co.uk/legalc.htm).

    On top of this, the health check is expensive (if done by the book) - various websites offering a health check for 'China visas' range from about £200-500 in total. Anyone know a handy workaround? How focused are they likely to be on this?

    Any help or advice naturally greatly appreciated.
  2. CBrown

    CBrown New commenter

    If you search this forum there are topics on this.
    I am in the final stages of getting my visa.
    I used a local notary who charged me £100 for 2 documents
    Your GP can do most of the medical I had to pay for my HIV test, Chest X-ray and ECG separately
    It is an expensive process so shop around FCO fees are correct.
    Visa is not cheap either as I am paying for 2.
    You may need evidence of your old visa, I think I remember reading that somewhere.
    On a brighter note costs should be covered/ reimbursed by your school.
  3. blueskydreaming

    blueskydreaming Lead commenter

    Different provinces are requesting different medical exams, so get the one your school asks for. My school just wanted HIV and syphillis blood tests, not x rays etc. I got the blood test in the UK through a private hospital - £87, got the results within 5 days.

    I paid more than £300 for a solicitor to notarise and legalise my three docs with the FCO and Chinese embassy.

Share This Page