1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese take away role play - opportunities for writing ideas please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Squidia, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hello,

I have thought of the following ideas, however they seem the obvious ones...order forms, chinese numbers, menus.
    Can anyone enlighten me with some other ideas?

Thanks in anticipation

2. Hello,

I have thought of the following ideas, however they seem the obvious ones...order forms, chinese numbers, menus.
    Can anyone enlighten me with some other ideas?

Thanks in anticipation

3. Hi
    I have a Chinese restaurant in my role play and the kids are loving it. I have 2 outfits for waiter/waitress, one for a chef and 2 badges for customers.
    We have reservation book, telephone, till, money, notepads for orders, menu's. Bowls, wok, saucepans, chopsticks, and some play food.
    They have really enjoyed playing in there. I have got loads of evidence of writing through it too plus some psrn too. It's endless. One of my kids said her fave food was " Saturday chicken" - I think she means 'satay' lol
    Our headteacher came into the classroom today and ordered lots of food!
    I think a rest' has more scope than a takeaway.
    Lou

4. Last Year I did a 'Green Dragon noodle bar' (vegetarian) as part of our colour and pattern topic (green week). Not much to add to previous posts for restaurant/takeaway except the children had their own credit/debit cards which had their signatures on and there was a converted calculator for them to enter their pin number. Diners could review their experience from happy/sad faces to letters/markmaking. I'm looking forward to getting it all out again this week. Eve