1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

China visa process from the UK - some guidance

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by amysdad, Feb 26, 2019.

1. jiveannie

jiveannie New commenter

Hello

i have just accepted a job in China for this July so am now starting all the visa application process.
    Can anyone tell me where they got their medical examination done in the UK, and how much did you have to pay. I am in the north of England so don't really want to go to London. My GP doesn't seem to know, but I am waiting for a phone call back.

Also, if anyone used a company to cut out some of the legwork when notarising docs etc, could you let me know who they were.

Thanks for any further advice!

2. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

Hi jiveannie, your GP could do it if they offer a private practice - you will be charged for it as it's not covered by the NHS. If not, they might know one who can, or try contacting a local private hospital to see if they can carry it out.

The legwork involved in notarising documents isn't that much, TBH - the benefits of the agencies is simply that someone else does it for you. When it comes to the Chinese consulate bit, I'd suggest for you either Manchester or Edinburgh as they are (a) closest and (b) relatively quiet compared to London.

jiveannie likes this.