1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

China visa process from the UK - some guidance

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by amysdad, Feb 26, 2019.

1. englishdragon

englishdragon Occasional commenter

2. ryanpkenny

ryanpkenny New commenter

I had the same issue when doing mine, as long as the visa covers the date you out then you will be fine. For example I fly out on the 29th july and my visa runs till 14th august. The departure date from China can be left blank they didn't mind that as well as the flight number. As long as you take all your documents and are polite the staff will help you with absolutely everything.

1.Copy of your passort
    2.Application form completed and printed
    3.Work permit in Chinese and English
    4. Passport style pictures printed and cut to size (I took a few just in case but only needed the one)
    5. Anything special for your case (marriage stuff or anything like that)

I also didn't know this but my appointment was at 9:00 in the morning and I dropped off my documents but I then had to go back at 2:30 as they check your work permit with the consulate before accepting your application. You then pay for it then

Thank you hope this helps

3. suem75

suem75 New commenter

Hi Ryanpkenny, which visa centre did you go to? I'm not just being nosy; it's because I'll be going to the Edinburgh one next week.

Also, regarding having no 'return' flight booked, I think it's the airlines who enforce that. I encountered that for the first time coming here to Tanzania. My employer booked the flight and had booked a 'ghost' return (a kind of fake booking, which they cancelled immediately on receiving the itinerary) which the airline demanded proof of otherwise they would've denied boarding.

4. ryanpkenny

ryanpkenny New commenter

I went to the Manchester one :)