1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chilli sauce

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by modelmaker, Jul 21, 2012.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

There'a loads of then on the market, but which cut the mustard with you? I had a customer who was exceeding kind to ensure I never left his house of an empty stomach, and the meal would invariably be a late breakfast with a selection of condiment of which he'd recommomed the Linghams Chilli sauce/
    It wasn't that bad to be honest, and I've since experimented with other brands like Frank's Chilli sauce, but to be honest, I expect I could do something just as good or better if I had the inclination. Every bone in my body is telling me I ought to be trying to but the bottle of junk at the supermarket comforts me that my time will be wasted if I tried.
    But would it be?
    Who knows how to make a killer chilli sauce? And on which occasions would you serve it?

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I make a great chilli sauce, serve with kofta and other BBQ food.
    I also make a genuine Libyan cous-cous, very hot!!

3. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Please feel free to add to Recipes for Dozymare Lapin![​IMG]

4. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

When there was a staff canteen we used to have a bottle of 'fake' Nando's Habanero sauce, effectively the hottest they did but a pale orange colour - looked and tasted identical to Nandos one and was half the price. Great with steak and eggs. Other then that, tabasco mixed into a good ketchup is fantastic with chips.