1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Child's last day at school!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by steevie, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I've just found out that a child in my class will be leaving (obviously unexpectedly) tomorrow. With limited time I've come up with a bit of a plan for a card to make but thought I'd run it past you in case anyone here has come up with anything better.
    On the front I'm going to ask each child in the class to draw a little picture of themself with thier name written underneath with a bubble in the middle saying 'For our friend [name of child]'. In the middle I will ask each child to go with the TA and write something along the lines of..
    [Name of child] is special because...she is my friend/ she is smiley/ she helps me in the playground!
    It will obviously be fairly big! Does that sound ok. I've never done one at such short notice but still want it to be special for her.
    Cheers everyone,
    Steevie

2. Hi all,
    I've just found out that a child in my class will be leaving (obviously unexpectedly) tomorrow. With limited time I've come up with a bit of a plan for a card to make but thought I'd run it past you in case anyone here has come up with anything better.
    On the front I'm going to ask each child in the class to draw a little picture of themself with thier name written underneath with a bubble in the middle saying 'For our friend [name of child]'. In the middle I will ask each child to go with the TA and write something along the lines of..
    [Name of child] is special because...she is my friend/ she is smiley/ she helps me in the playground!
    It will obviously be fairly big! Does that sound ok. I've never done one at such short notice but still want it to be special for her.
    Cheers everyone,
    Steevie

3. A bit OTT I'd say! Just make a front to the card and then get the kids to sign their name inside. Truly Steevie, you are obviously sad that she is leaving but you are making a lot of work for yourself. You could do a Circle Time so that the kids say to her why she is special rather than write it.