1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Children's Savings

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by hhhh, Sep 13, 2011.

  1. hhhh

    hhhh Lead commenter

    I personally would make all deposits to a buiding societyaccount you can access in an emergency. Sorry can't give any financial advice, but I would be wary of ccounts he can't touch until 18, as a) some 18 year olds may want to spend it on a party (instead of sensibly studying for years to end up on the dole, ok I'll give up on the gloom!), and also you never know if there may be a reason he would need money quickly, we don't like to think about illness etc, but you never know.
  2. I have a Barclays monthyl child saver account for our son which you have in your name so that you can access it if necessary.Not sure what the interest rate is though!

Share This Page