1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Children's Magazine syllabus advice needed

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Lucyburton8, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lucyburton8

Lucyburton8 New commenter

Hi,
    I've started a children's magazine aimed at 8-12 year olds, learning English for kids abroad.
    However my problem is this, I’ve created a syllabus which is parallel to a Oxford book called Friends and family. This book is popular in Vietnam but not so popular in other countries like South Korea and so on. Now I know there is no one program that fits all, however one question that has come up recently is that is my magazine accredited to anything. Well of course not, so do I adapted my syllabus to one that is similar to something like a Peasons book, Islands, something from the British council or the english curriculum or do I just continue with my own and make it something that can be used at home with the family? Further to this, if I continue to use my own syllabus, and this magazine is bi monthly for the first year, will my grammar parts of the syllabus be way past what a child has learnt and be skipped in the magazine? So if they had learn’t whats in the magazine 4 months ago, would the be inclined to do that part of the magazine? If this doesn’t make any sense, please feel free to ask any questions. I would be keen to hear your thoughts on this.
    Cheers, lucy
    Lucyburton@hotmail.com