1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Childrens Data Logger that also measures pulse?

Discussion in 'Science' started by AstroTaff, Jun 18, 2011.

1. AstroTaff

AstroTaff New commenter

Does anyone know of where i can get a data logger that has the usual heat, light and sound sensors but also measures pulse rate?

Thanks

Steve

2. AstroTaff

AstroTaff New commenter

Does anyone know of where i can get a data logger that has the usual heat, light and sound sensors but also measures pulse rate?

Thanks

Steve

3. fiendishlyclever

fiendishlyclever Occasional commenter

I've got a set of Logit Explorer dataloggers that are a bit long in the tooth now, but they have pulse modules available (I have a set).

I've tried all kinds of pulse meters over the years and have yet to come across a cheap one that is anywhere near accurate. I've had supposedly dead students and others on the verge of a heart attack from dangerously high beat rates according to my hardware - to the point now that they don't get as much use as they should!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had more success!

4. Philip Harris do pulse attachments for their data loggers but they're not cheap!