1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Children's Centre Teacher - soulbury pay and conditions

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by carolinee05, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hello tes community,
    I just need to pick your brains about teaching in a children's centre. Are there any CCTs out there who are on Soulbury pay and conditions? If so, what hours do you work daily? And how much holiday do you have? Do you have 5 weeks on top of the time when the centre is closed? Thank you. I have many questions but these are the most important ones :)
    Caroline

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Sorry not a CCT or Soulsbury scale but my understanding is 37 hour week 25 days holiday plus 12 public holidays and closures.

3. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Established commenter

Yes, 37 hours plus 25 days plus stat holidays. However, some people get extra days holiday depending how long they have worked for the LA.
    You may find you have core hours eg 10-2 then the rest if flexi time, and this will depend on your job description.
    Im not CC teacher any more, but I am on Soulbury, it took a while to get used to all year round working, but I like the flexibility of being able to take a week off when I want to (now that the kids have left home, that means term time)

4. Thanks Msz and Grumbleweed. Great knowledge!
    I am currently a part time chidlrens centre teacher on teachers pay and conditions so know where I am with STPC. I would just like to know what other ccts are experiencing and are expected to work around the country. It will certainly take some getting used to, working all year round!

5. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

How secure do you feel your jobs are? I really want to become a CC teacher and even got as far as sending off for details, but then the cuts started to be mentioned and I decided to wait and see. I have been on 2 interviews recently for school jobs and on both were CC teachers wanting to return, working for 2 different LAs. One because there were possible redundancies and the other because support staff and funding was been cut so whilst she felt her job was safe, she felt quality and ability to do her job was effected. I would still love to get into this field but wonder if the commitment to have teachers in CCs is still there or whether EYPs will replace them.