1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Children's camera

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Josie Jo, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Josie Jo

Josie Jo New commenter

Can anyone recommend a good digital camera for children to use indoors and out?
    I can't seem to find one in the main educational catalogues, only video cameras. Argos have a Fisher Price one and a V-tech one, but not sure if these are any good for use in school?
    Thanks,
    Josie

2. I've just bought some cheaper digital cameras from YPO about £30 each. My reception children can use them well and more importantly they charge up by attaching to a computer - the amount of batteries we were going through was crazy!!!

I had been looking at more child 'friendly' cameras (fisher price etc) but decided most cameras I've come across recently a pretty robust and apart from the size and colour didn 't look particularly more usable to 4 year olds!

3. We have used V-Tec ones in the early years for last three years, they have been very robust. The rechargeable batteries keep the costs down.

4. the lego one we have is really good - its made of lego bricks so it can be incorporated in childrens models, but can't be taken apart!! links directly to computer, only drawback is the limited memory - costs about £50 but very hard to get!

5. YPO= Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation.
    I bought a Fisher Price one, (found it reduced) it has stood up well even though it has been hurled around the room and thrown on the floor with force, it is dying now after three years so has done well!