1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Children on social networking sites: What are your opinions?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lauren_Emily, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Hey,
    I'm currently doing a research masters in Criminology and for my research I want to look at safeguarding issues involving children on social networking sites.
    For the planning stages, I really want to get in contact with as many people involved in education as possible to find out the youngest age group where the majority of children have profiles on social networking sites.
    What age group would you say that was from your own experiences?
    Also I was wondering from you're own experiences/stories you've heard; have you any stories about inappropriate online behaviour regarding children on social networking sites that you could share? Do you have any opinions regarding children on social networking sites? Do children in you're classes add you on facebook?
    Any help I could get would be great and I'd really appreciate it.
    Thank you!
    Lauren
    [​IMG]

2. Hey,
    I'm currently doing a research masters in Criminology and for my research I want to look at safeguarding issues involving children on social networking sites.
    For the planning stages, I really want to get in contact with as many people involved in education as possible to find out the youngest age group where the majority of children have profiles on social networking sites.
    What age group would you say that was from your own experiences?
    Also I was wondering from you're own experiences/stories you've heard; have you any stories about inappropriate online behaviour regarding children on social networking sites that you could share? Do you have any opinions regarding children on social networking sites? Do children in you're classes add you on facebook?
    Any help I could get would be great and I'd really appreciate it.
    Thank you!
    Lauren
    [​IMG]