1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Children in Need - what can we do as a whole school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by verry2005, Sep 10, 2016.

1. verry2005

verry2005 New commenter

Hi,

I've recently taken over being in charge of fundraising events at my school. I know it's early days, but I'm thinking ahead to Children in Need. What can we do as a whole school, that's fun and inspiring, but also not too taxing for the teachers and staff?!

In the past we've done the usual non-uniform and cake sales, but I'd like to do something a bit different this year.

Any ideas appreciated!

2. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

A fun one we have done in the past is get them to bring in loose change instead of say a nominal £1 and make pictures out of the change. It's fun and we actually raised more from loose change than we had the previous year asking for a £1 donation.

3. relais

relais New commenter

A sponsored bounce! Hired a bouncy castle & all the children spent a minute bouncing on it- 2 at a time, watched by 2 members members of staff. Raised a lot of money, wasn't time consuming, minimal preparation & the children enjoyed it.