1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Children entering Nursery a term the term they are three!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by angie123, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Thankyou for your reply
    x

2. You also need to check your staff/child ratios. If the child is not actually three then the ratio is one adult to four children. Plus you should check your insurance to be sure you would be covered for younger children.

3. The child in question is three.

4. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

I think some nurserys bring them in the day after their 3rd birthday. This year we are staggering our January intake in after half term as long as they are 3. We have 20 to bring in and our numbers are low. We will not be charging for this because staff are already in place even though they will not be funded until January. Hope this helps.

5. sadika

sadika New commenter

We've taken some 3 year olds in ... one came to visit on his birthday before he starts on Monday!

6. We used to take them as soon after they were three as the parents wanted. Some started the day after, but we are no longer allowed to. I think it might depend on your borough's policy.

7. Thankyou for your replies I will get in touch with the LEA x