1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Childcare vouchers

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by 1983teacher1983, Dec 31, 2015.

1. 1983teacher1983

1983teacher1983 New commenter

Does your school do them? Should they be made compulsory for all employers?

Please discuss.

2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

As a childminder I didn't like them. I had to do extra paperwork and then wait for the scheme to pay me. There was nothing in it for me and I was frankly pleased when the scheme provider turned out to be so useless that they never actually set up the account and so I carried on being paid normally. Childminders get paid little enough without having to do extra work for their money.

3. sofia_sen

sofia_sen Occasional commenter

My school uses it and so does my partner's work. The childminders I have used + the private nursery were all happy with them.
    I think all employers should offer them.

4. sofia_sen

sofia_sen Occasional commenter

I don't think childminders are getting paid that little, at least not the 1 I am using. She is the only one in our area and knows that very well... DS loves her but I can't wait for someone else to start as a childminder in the neighbourhood.
    The childcare vouchers are also a reason to not switch to a non-registered nanny.