1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Child Protection

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by JodiP, Oct 22, 2018.

1. JodiP

JodiP Occasional commenter

My children are currently on CP due to domestic violence. I’m hoping to get to CiN very quickly. I have been referred to LADO (I’m the victim!) Am I going to lose 20 years of my career and my pension for being hit by my husband?

2. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

No. I've been a foster carer to many children whose parents were being investigated for a variety of things, several were teachers, and when the investigations were over, they just carried on teaching as before

agathamorse and Flanks like this.
  3. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

No. You might want to contact the Education Support Partnership - they can provide support and advice to you to help you through this.

agathamorse likes this.
  4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Union support as well as the other advice above?

agathamorse likes this.
  5. banjouk

banjouk Occasional commenter

I think you arer in the clear. The LADO should not really be involved unless your husband works with children in some capacity. You don't even have to engage with the LADO as there in no educational establishment for them to contact for this enquiry (unless your children attend your school).

The LADO should be alerted to all cases in which it is alleged that a person who works with children has:
    • behaved in a way that has harmed a child
    • or may have harmed a child
    • possibly committed a criminal offence against a child/children