1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Child protection hours question

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by thrupp, Mar 8, 2011.

1. We have noticed a sharp rise in CP work over the past couple of years, no doubt all in line with baby P etc....
    At present our 420 primary school + 110 place nursery has clocked up over 600 hours of cp since September (which mean's we're on target for over 1200+ hrs in a year), safeguarding meetings, follow ups, phone calls, supervision, writing reports, court, etc,etc,etc
    On top of this we have CAF's, TAC, etc...
    Anyone else getting this sort of level of cp ? if so, are you getting any extra funding to deal with it?
    Cheers me dears

2. We have noticed a sharp rise in CP work over the past couple of years, no doubt all in line with baby P etc....
    At present our 420 primary school + 110 place nursery has clocked up over 600 hours of cp since September (which mean's we're on target for over 1200+ hrs in a year), safeguarding meetings, follow ups, phone calls, supervision, writing reports, court, etc,etc,etc
    On top of this we have CAF's, TAC, etc...
    Anyone else getting this sort of level of cp ? if so, are you getting any extra funding to deal with it?
    Cheers me dears

3. "Extra funding" Oh dearie me; how I laughed!
    The sun is shining down here in the beautiful South and now someone is cracking jokes.
    The OP should be in Joke of The Day, not Headteacher

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

in reply to your question.... yes we have noticed a huge rise in CP over the last 3 years or so. No extra funding of course, we have to manage to cover all those meetings, usually with T.A's
    We also get very frustrated with how useless social services are in all kinds of areas but mostly admin. They don't seem to understand or listen to our concerns about some children also. This kind of work takes up a lot of time and emotional energy.

5. Thanks for that, you never know what other LA's are offering....Hope the sun's still shining on the south coast, it's grim and grey here!

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

CP cases have risen by 150% in my authority since last year.
    In my particular district we now have twice as many children "at risk" as we did at the beginning of the summer holiday.
    Of course those figures don't take into account all those "children in need".
    Yes the workload is up. Most of my Monday is taken up dealing with what happened at home at the weekend. A lot of Tuesday is taken up with follow up calls from social services -usually telling me they've investigated cases and they're "just going to monitor things for a while" or they're not at all worried and everything's ok.
    I can't see things getting any better in the near future.

7. Neither can I ! at present My DH, Learning mentors and self are full on, this morning alone we have had 2X pep reviews, a CIN and now I'm off to a jolly safeguarding....LOL