1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Child friendly lesson objectives

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sara2323, May 18, 2011.

1. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I'm an NQT teaching year, I currently use WALT.... to share lesson objectives with the class, we then talk about what the objective means and how we can achieve it. However I'm tempted to use the more child friendly I can statements which makes it easier for chn to self-assess- however I'm not sure how to share these with children!!

Do I share the lesson objective by saying that by the end of the lesson you should be able to say I can.....and then refer back to this during plenary?

2. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I'm an NQT teaching year, I currently use WALT.... to share lesson objectives with the class, we then talk about what the objective means and how we can achieve it. However I'm tempted to use the more child friendly I can statements which makes it easier for chn to self-assess- however I'm not sure how to share these with children!!

Do I share the lesson objective by saying that by the end of the lesson you should be able to say I can.....and then refer back to this during plenary?

3. I would think this is a school staff meeting issue.

Some schools have adopted "Big Question" or "Key Question" approaches, I like those.