1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chicken recipes please!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by ticatica, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Does anyone have a great chicken recipe?? Any ideas appreciated.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Cut a pocket in a chicken breast. Fill with a sliver of goat's cheese, sun dried tomato and a basil leaf. Wrap in parma ham. Brown on the hob the bake in oven for 20 mins.
    Yummy!

3. Lovely!! What do you serve it with?

4. I have a standby recipe, it works with fish too.
    Chicken breast, kidney beand and salsa
    Put the beans of foil, chicken on the beans, salsa on the chicken, parcel up and cook for about 40 minutes!
    You can't get easier than that and it tastes delicious!

5. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Flatten out chicken breast to within an inch of its life.
    Spread with a mixture of garlic and herb soft cheese (Boursin is good for this) and chopped up prosciutto.
    Layer on some spinach leaves.
    Roll up the chicken breast and secure with a cocktail stick.
    Cook in water and white wine in a shallow pan.
    I usually serve with spaghetti tossed in olive oil and chopped parsley. If I feel like it, I'll slice the chicken so you get a roulade-type presentation, but I'm usually too hungry to bother by this point! :)

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Anything! But new potatoes and a tomato salad is lovely [​IMG]

7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

8. Thank you. Went for the chicken and cheese wrapped in ham but will try the jamie oliver one too!

9. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

<a target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5VgGkZdok[/URL]
    Try this. It's remarkably simple when you try it, you'll be amazed at what a good cook you can be. I'm sure his sauce is pretty good, but as I didn't have marsala or sherry vinegar available I did something with red wine and caramelised onions that was pretty good too.

10. Chop chicken breasts into two or three depending on size. Smother in either chilli jam or mustard. Wrap bacon round each chunk.

Cook at 200 degrees for 25 mins or so.

Nice with veg or salad depending on time of year.

11. OK, that's Monday taken care of.

12. I hope you like it, it went down really well here. Climber makes it quite regularly when he is in a bit of a rush!
    It is oddly filling as well as satisfying - the fish one (we make it with black beans instead of kidney) is even more filling!

I think the Jamie O needs to be given a quick oven run, sounds like my kind of meal.
    Except for the small problem of it isn't seasonal or British - ah well!

13. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

14. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Another variation on the stuffed chicken breast with parma ham which I tried last week:
    Chop some watercress finely
    Mix with light Philidelphia and sweet chilli sauce (or sweet chilli flavour Philly which I found in the supermarket last week!)
    Stuff into your chicken breasts, wrap with parma ham and bake.
    Both Tesco and Morrisons do a 4 slice taster pack of parma ham which is great when you just want to do this recipe for a few of you.
    It was very tasty and lower fat than using brie or goat's cheese.