1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chester University Primary PGCE 2012-13

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by KatyTaylor86, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I was just wondering if there was anyone reading that has been offered a place at Chester for Primary PGCE (well, or Secondary for that matter!).

I just wanted to say Hi, because I am going and I am getting really excited now and wanted to share that excitement with someone else!

If we can meet a few people on here now, before the course starts - it might be less overwhelming when September rolls in!

Here is me:

I am Katy, I did my degree in Geography, I come from Chester but have been living away for a while so am quite looking forward to returning to my home town. I am probably going to be one of the older ones on the course LOL!

Anyway, that's enough about me - tell me about you....

Katy
    xx

2. Hi Katy, I've got a place on Chester primary too, really looking forward to it. I was thinking of getting a Facebook group started, but just haven't got round to it! How's the prep coming along?

3. Hi Katy, congratulations on your place! If you look at the Chester PGCE forum that I think is on the second page of this then you can check out a number of people who have been getting their places too. I know a few people now who are on the course and live around here - I'm quite jealous! I'm finishing my degree in Chester (Geography too!) and I love it so much I decided to stay ! This also means I'll probably be the youngest on the course as I have a late birthday too. Just waiting for some news from Chester now! Hope you're well xx

4. Thanks for the headsup on the other page - i hadnt noticed that! Good luck for getting a place, its good to hear that you enjoyed doing your first degree at Chester, i am quite nervous at re-entering the world of studentia, but hopefully it will all work out ok.

xx

5. Hey, im doing secondary maths at Chester, pretty much completely alien to the area. Is there a group of all us PGCE-ers anywhere? The subject facebook group is pretty much unresponsive. Thanks, Sameer.