1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cherries - suggestions welcome!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by jo_south_yorks, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Right, my flatmate moved out over the weekend, and has very kindly left a bag of cherries in the fridge.
    There is about 500g of cherries (with stones and stalks), and I haven't a clue what to do with them, apart from just eat them as they are.
    I don't really want to make a pie or crumble but am open to other ideas, sweet or savoury.
    And if you have any easy ways of destoning them... I'd happily accept advice!

2. Right, my flatmate moved out over the weekend, and has very kindly left a bag of cherries in the fridge.
    There is about 500g of cherries (with stones and stalks), and I haven't a clue what to do with them, apart from just eat them as they are.
    I don't really want to make a pie or crumble but am open to other ideas, sweet or savoury.
    And if you have any easy ways of destoning them... I'd happily accept advice!

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Just eat them as they are. Fresh cherries are a delight to the senses!

4. I agree with Belle. If however, they haven't a great deal of flavour you could make a clafoutis. Very easy, very yummy.

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

jam?
    clafoutis?
    bottled in booze ready for Christmas?
    black forest gâteau?
    (they would not last long enough in this house to be cooked with, though!)

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Make profiteroles, fill with cream and crushed praline, make a sauce from the cherries, Choux Praliné Montmorency.

7. never had cherry jam, sounds good though.
    they haven't really lasted long enough for me to do something with, the other half has eaten a fair proportion of them while I was making tea! so thank you for your suggestions, however I think I'll have to just sit and enjoy them on their own :)

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Same here!

9. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

What they all said...or sauce for duck?