1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

chengdu post disappeared

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by dylan11, May 4, 2011.

1. dylan11

dylan11 New commenter

Hi all,
    my chengdu post has disapeared and I was not even been able to read it.All I have asked was about cost of living , the city itself and a school (without naming it) .What happened? Should I get worried now? There is no info about the organisation or the city on the forum. Could people please pm meif theyknow something? Thanks very much!
    a very frusdtated Dylan

2. dylan11

dylan11 New commenter

Hi all,
    my chengdu post has disapeared and I was not even been able to read it.All I have asked was about cost of living , the city itself and a school (without naming it) .What happened? Should I get worried now? There is no info about the organisation or the city on the forum. Could people please pm meif theyknow something? Thanks very much!
    a very frusdtated Dylan

3. Perhaps someone objected to my terrible grammar and spelling.
    In summary, I liked Chengdu when I was there at the end of the 90s. Lots of ethnic groups and interesting locales around the city. It was mentioned that, of course, like all Chinese cities it has likely changed hugely since then. It is large and quite industrial.
    Eating spicy hotpot on the street was great. They had Carrefour back then, so they probably have a Tesco by now and a mega mall.
    They also have pandas.
    When I last looked at the thread that was pretty much all it said. No mention of the school. Hard to understand why it got deleted.

4. dylan11

dylan11 New commenter

thanks very much for taking the time to answer twice! Amazing, that TES delets a positive answer.I am a little bit reassured.