1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

chemistry SKE (subject change) for qualified teacher

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by biomia, Jul 3, 2018.

  1. biomia

    biomia New commenter

    I'm already an A-level biology teacher and looking to retrain to teach A-level chemistry.

    Does anyone know of any courses that can be done alongside working full time?

  2. TonyAllen123456

    TonyAllen123456 New commenter

    Are you better finding a way to convert in house? If there is a shortage of decent chem teachers in the school you are at can you take more responsibility at GCSE and sit in 6th form lessons? You only need someone to give you a shot at A level teaching and hey presto, put on your CV you are capable of teaching A level Chem too. The 'elders' I work with have originally specialised in one science but most have acquired the ability to offer a second as they have progressed in their careers.
    border_walker likes this.
  3. Moony

    Moony Lead commenter

    The OU do a 60 Level 2 chemistry module that should more than cover you for A-Level teaching chemistry.

Share This Page