1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

chembakolli!!!! help!!!

Discussion in 'Geography' started by jaylea, Jun 17, 2005.

1. i'm trying to be really organised, can you help? I'm moving to teach Y3/4 next year. I've got no idea about this topic and we're supposed to be being very creative and cross-curricular!!! any ideas?

2. i'm trying to be really organised, can you help? I'm moving to teach Y3/4 next year. I've got no idea about this topic and we're supposed to be being very creative and cross-curricular!!! any ideas?

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

4. Check out the Adavasi people and how they live/lived, comparing their lives with ours etc.

Deforestation is good to look at in this area, of India. The problems it causes people as they rely on the resources of the forest.
    (I have a great activity for this if you want it...

Creative~ Art cold water Tye Dye and sew on buta (mango) designs.

you could allow the children to make their own Adavasi village, noting what they need, water, farm land, forest etc.

making the houses from boxes and straw for the roof.
    (make a model 3D village as a display.

India is a wonderful topic and very creative if you get into it.

Maths/Re Rangoli designs with lentils
    Art ~ Papier Mache Gods/ masks
    Dance ~ creating their own Indian Gods

Sorry I'll stop now...

Good Luck

5. Thank you!
    Don't stop, i need all the help i can get!!

6. I'm replying to pop this topic back to the top again - I'm teaching Geography on my first PGCE block placement and doing QCA 10, on Chembakolli.

It looks like a fantastic topic to do - I've got some great ideas, but trying to find some actual resources to help thinking along.

I'm just wondering if there are any free resources out there?? The chembakolli.com website is fantastic, but I can't really afford to buy the resources, and as a student, I feel a bit bad about asking the school to invest...

If anyone has any tips, if you could let me know, I'll be eternally grateful!

7. HI I'M A YEAR 4 TEACHER AND HAVE TAUGHT CHEMBAKOLLI BEFORE AND WILL BE DOING IT AGAIN AFTER CHRISTMAS. THE LESSONS I HAVE TAUGHT HAVE BEEN VERY EXCITING FOR THE CHILDREN AND TO TEACH AND EXTREMLY CROSS CURRICULAR. IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR OR YOUR SCHOOLS E-MAIL ADDRESS I CAN SEND YOU ALL THE PLANNING WITH RESOURCES AND THEN YOU CAN ADAPT IT TO YOUR CLASS.

8. Would you be able to send them to me please also ??

SYork4@aol.com

Thank you

9. YEP WILL SEND THEM TO YOU-NO PROBLEM. ILL MAIL IT TO YOU BY MONDAY

10. Please may I have a copy of the chembakolli plans and resources. I would like to use them as a starting point for a Year Two topic on India. Thank you.

ellispphil@aol.com

11. adsa

adsa New commenter

12. I would greatly appreciate your lesson plans on chembakolli. I'm teaching it to year 4 after Xmas and although I have enrolled on the Chembakolli site and bought the video pack, I would welcome some ideas for individual lessons.

13. HAVE SENT RESOURCES AND PLANS TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED, HOWEVER, I AM UNABLE TO SEND IT TO BEN.OCONNELL@TESCO.NET AS THE E-MAIL IS NOT DELIVERING TO THIS ADDRESS

14. hi i am a third year student in my final placement and after christmas am teaching this for yr 4 please can you e-mail me them as well - as i am finding it hard to find free resources - and don't want to ask the school to buy thanks
    shthwy@aol.com

15. hi don't know if this will be revisited but there are some free resources on Chembakolli on this site it says ks1 home but can be adapted as there are facts, figures and four large phots to print
    http://www.actionaid.org.uk/1266/downloads.html

16. Hi, im also doing chembakolli after xmas i have to do 6 art lessons based on it 2, so if anyone has any suggestions or tips on what to design or lesson plans
    got a few but not 6...email amanda_223@hotmail.co.uk

17. I will be teaching Chembakolli in yrs 3/4 in January and would love to have your plans please.
    Michellelloves@aol.com