1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Chelsea Flower Show

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, May 20, 2019.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Just so lovely!
    We went last year but decided not to go this year...............wish I was going now.
    At least I can watch it on telly box each evening and it makes me smile!
    I have the garden door open as I watch and the scent of lilac fills the room.......almost as if I am at Chelsea.

Sundaytrekker and primarycat like this.
  2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

It is lovely. I've been a couple of times but not for years. I do watch it on tv though.

Sundaytrekker and BelleDuJour like this.
  3. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I’ve always wanted to go. I like seeing the show gardens and I bet the grand pavilion is amazing

Sundaytrekker and primarycat like this.
  4. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

I really like the bits that I've watched except for Sophie Raworth's smug face! For some reason, i want to slap it every time I see it! I can't say why! She may be a perfectly lovely person but I just find her so condescending as a presenter. My mother said she feels like this about the male presenter with the beard and hat. I loved the primulas that the couple from the Lake District are exhibiting.

Sundaytrekker likes this.
  5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I find it uplifting.I love the contemporary stuff. Suspect I would be overwhelmed if I visited ? !

6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We haven't been but I'm beginning to think we might go next year. People talk about the crowds but we can do crowds.