1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cheese

Discussion in 'Personal' started by A_Million_Posts, Feb 10, 2019.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Wensleydale and cranberries (especially the one sold in the Co-op).
    Doux de Montagne (discovered in M & S).
    Buffalo Mozarella.
    Cheddar (medium), Lancashire (creamy and crumbly)and Cheshire.

Can't abide Goats' cheese. Even the smell is revolting. It smells like wet goat fur. I once ordered poutine in London and they brought me a bowl with about 10 chips dotted with 6 tiny slivers of what should have been cheese curds but turned out to be goats' cheese.

2. serenitypolly41

serenitypolly41 Occasional commenter

Is that a poached egg with cream cheese inside or is the whole thing a cheese in itself? It sure looks mouthwatering and delicious.

3. Mermaid7

Mermaid7 Occasional commenter

Cheddar, Wensleydale, Lancashire, feta, Stilton, Roule, but not halloumi or goats cheese

serenitypolly4 likes this.
  4. serenitypolly41

I absolutely love Boursin!! Anything garlic or herb based and I'm right in there.

5. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

[​IMG] Torta del Casar
    Cheese
    Description
    Torta del Casar is a cheese made from sheep's milk in the Extremadura region of Spain. It is named after Casar de Cáceres, its city of origin. The milk is curdled using a coagulant found in the pistils of the cardoon, a wild thistle. Wikipedia

Attached Files:

A_Million_Posts likes this.
  6. serenitypolly41

That looks like Spanish Tortilla.

7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Strong cheddars, black bomber is a favourite amongst many.
    Stilton is fab, son brought some Shropshire blue at Christmas that was great too.
    Gorgonzola, with a lovely tanginess to the flavour, similarly Rocquefort.
    Brie de Meaux as long as it's suitably runny as pointed out earlier, likewise Epoisses.
    Wensleydale, though there is much that is disappointing about.
    Reblochon for cheese sauce and tartiflette.
    Tellagio, an Italian one they do at Waitrose.
    Parmesan and Parmigiano-Reggiano.

I like most strong cheeses and blue and runny ones. Mild cheese is pointless, like edible plastic. I don't see the point of cheese with other stuff in it either when you can add chutney or similar.

nizebaby and A_Million_Posts like this.
  8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Epoisse. I think Lurk told me about it. Stilton and Cheddar and Brie but since only I eat it and I have to control my eating and I like biscuits I rarely eat cheese.

A_Million_Posts likes this.
  9. serenitypolly41

Who here is a chutney fan? And if so what is your favourite chutney?

I have a penchant for anything that is from the Baxters brand. Their caramelised onion and victorian chutney is amazing. I should work for Baxters...I would do overtime for free sampling all their stock.

I do not like branstons chutney/pickle though..its too crunchy.

I also like to eat picallili. I know it looks acidic but I love it... I'm also a sucker for pickled onions and shallots!!

racroesus and install like this.
  10. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Extra-mature cheddar with a hint of crystals. Canadian cheddar, with its burn. Remember Black Diamond, anyone? The only foreign cheddar worth eating.

Where to start? Anywhere but with with the rubbery nonsense of edam or the waste of space that is "mild" cheddar.

11. serenitypolly41

Cheddar should not be put in Room 101. Cheddar with crystals in it sounds mysterious

install likes this.
  12. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

It's the same as what happens with parmesan. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain the science for me.

13. towncryer

towncryer Senior commenter

My taste in cheese is a bit boring I guess...Red Leicester or Cheddar. Other half has more European tastes...Gouda,Edam and Mozzarella.

14. towncryer

towncryer Senior commenter

Parmesan always smells like sweaty socks to me...I can't bring myself to eat it.

15. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

It might smell of sweaty socks but it tastes of cream and grass.

16. A_Million_Posts

A_Million_Posts Star commenter

I read this as fruit bats originally! That would be a weird cheese.

I can't imagine having toasted cheese for breakfast. It's a lunch or supper did to me.

17. A_Million_Posts

I discovered smoked mozzarella on a pizza a while back. Delicious!

18. A_Million_Posts

It really shouldn't.

19. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Halloumi! I love its weird squeakiness, the saltiness and the way it goes crispy on the outside when fried or grilled.

20. A_Million_Posts

At the risk of introducing a snake into paradise (because cheese is my paradise) there are a lot of European cheeses here. Is Brexit going to adversely affect cheese supply and price because I think cheese might be more important than democracy itself.
    :D

jomaimai likes this.