1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Checking in again Theo, Lara MFL and others

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Patontheback, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Dear Theo, Lara MFL and others

There's been technical problems with the flight and I almost could not board my flight! HR considered me an internal candidate and encouraged me to apply with the other internal candidates. The new school e-mailed me yesterday to say that as I had a 1 year contract my application had been unsuccessful and I should apply again in February on the correct application form. I took this e-mail to my headteacher she took it to HR, HR went to the new school and now I have an interview for Monday at 9am now!!!!! So after the technical hitch I am preparing for my flight with passport, visa and the 3-4 things I really want them to know about me following the advice I have found on the jobseekers pages.......

2. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Dear Theo, Lara MFL and others

There's been technical problems with the flight and I almost could not board my flight! HR considered me an internal candidate and encouraged me to apply with the other internal candidates. The new school e-mailed me yesterday to say that as I had a 1 year contract my application had been unsuccessful and I should apply again in February on the correct application form. I took this e-mail to my headteacher she took it to HR, HR went to the new school and now I have an interview for Monday at 9am now!!!!! So after the technical hitch I am preparing for my flight with passport, visa and the 3-4 things I really want them to know about me following the advice I have found on the jobseekers pages.......

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent!
    But don't mislay the boarding pass . . .
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 21st www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com<font size="2" color="#0000ff"> </font>
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just been told it is Feb 25 th not 21st. Sorry about that.
    :(
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com<font size="2" color="#0000ff"> </font>
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    Best wishes