1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Check list for trips?

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Lightbulb100, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hi there- we have a lot of NQTs in our school who are eager to organise trips for their respective classes. I've talked them through the process but they've asked for a check list to use from beginning to end when organasing a trip. E.g have pre-visits been completed, risk assessments done etc etc..
    Rather than reinvent the wheel, has anyone got anything like this they can email me or know anywhere I can find one? Have Googled it, but nothing seems to fit what I need.
    Thanks

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

send me a pm with your email and I will send ypu the pdf that Birmingham uses. It contains amongst its many pages checklists for bog standard, adventure and foreign trips. Each list has the references to the rest of the document for advice. I can also supply risk assessment proformas as well if you need them.

3. Done...thanks a lot [​IMG]

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

A response one way or another would have been nice[​IMG]

5. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Lead commenter

Might be too late for this poster, but I recently came across a blog which seems to cover a lot of the things a trip organiser needs to consider.

http://theschooltoursblog.blogspot.com/

6. Hi blazer, would you be able to email me those documents. I organise accommodation for schools coming to Edinburgh and I'm always on the look out for new models, procedures etc being used by schools.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

No problem.pm me with an email address

8. Will do, thank you.